Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Cardio Update!

5:02 PM / 1 comments

I mention a few months back that I have been suffering from palpitations. They had my thyroid hormones checked to see if I have hyperthyroidism. The endocrinologist said that I don't have free thyroid hormones circulating so I don't have hyperthyroidism after all. So my question was...why am I having palpitations? I don't want to have a heart attack one of these days you know? Of course she probably laughed at me when I said that hahaha. But since I'm pregnant I want to be sure especially when I give birth. I know that some women who go through delivery who has some kind of heart disease does not make it. So I want to make sure I'm healthy and my heart can take the pressure of delivery. I was referred to cardiologist. Today I went to have an ultrasound of my heart called echogram. It's the same thing like when you have an ultrasound with your baby. He said that everything looks normal. Everything looks great and that palpitations does sometimes occur during pregnancy and that I have nothing to worry about. So I'm relieved that I don't have any serious heart problems. I know it was very inconvenient to go to appointments every week and blood test and lab tests but it's better to be sure than sorry right?

Labels: ,