Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Doctor's appointment

4:30 PM / 0 comments

As I mentioned this morning the little girl has diarrhea for two days now. I was getting worried so I took her to the Doctor. Plus her diaper rash is so bad she gets so mad when I ask her if she needs changing. The doctor said she's okey. No dehydration or anything like that because her mouth is still moist and she has tears when she cries. No medicine was given because he said that it's an ordinary stomach flu, no bacteria of any kind. So we just have to wait and see. If by thursday she's still having diarrhea I will have to bring her back. Poor girl her bottom is so sore because of the rash. She fights too when I try to change her. We've been trying to wash it instead of wiping it because it is better that way. No further irritation.

I'm so fortunate that we have great health insurance. No copays or anything. Since Rico's in the military our insurance seems to be the best. I feel bad for alot of families out there who can't bring their kids or themselves to the doctor because they don't have insurance or if they do they pay alot for copays. I hear people having health problems but would think twice about going to the doctor because they don't have enough money to pay for the copays. I really hope that government officials can do something about this in the near future. A lot of people lose their lives because they would rather wait their illness out than pay about $20 for copays. It's just so sad.

Labels: