Tuesday, September 11, 2007

6 years ago....

12:24 PM / 3 comments

What were you doing six years ago? I still remember how scared I was when I found out the attack on the twin towers. I remember driving Rico to work because they were going to sea to do some exercise. They were suppose to be out for only 3 days but since the attack happened they were out to see for almost 3 weeks. I remember like yesterday when I finished dropping him off, I told myself..."Dang that security alert never change huh?" But was I wrong. I got home at about 5:30am PST so I went back to sleep. I woke up at about 10:00am and I had a bunch of missed calls and texts. One of the text said "It's the end of the world." Lol of course I thought it was just one of those nonsense forwards. I called my parents because I've gotten so many missed calls from them. They told me about the bombing. Of course being alone and pregnant...I was so scared. I wanted to go home to San Francisco but all flights were cancelled. There was no way I could talk to Rico. So I left in San Diego all alone until he came back three weeks later. I opted not to watch too much TV then because I was already scared as it is. Until now I pray for all the people who lost their lives through that horrible tragedy. I hope that this will never happen again.

Labels: